API, PRODUCTS, TEMPLATE
The ESL server operates on several types of objects for API Intergration:
- ESL – defines the device which shows any information on its screen
- Product – defines the information which is shown on the ESL device
- Template – defines the format which defines how product information will be shown on the ESL device.
- All objects have an integer property called “id” which uniquely defines them.
- Server uses ESL object to associate it with product and template thus defining what and how will be shown on its screen.
- Daily system operation mainly consists of sending product information to the server in order to get ESL screen updated.
Registering ESL’s, creating templates, assigning product and templates to the ESL are usually done using ESL-manager software – a GUI for configuring and administering the server. But user can define its own software for doing everything the esl-manager software does.
Besides mentioned objects there there are several other objects:
- Image – defines a picture which can be referenced from the objects above. Although from API point of view images are operated as stand-alone object they have meaning in the context of other objects.
- RBS – defines the device acting as a gateway between server and ESL devices. RBS devices uses Ethernet connection towards server and radio connection towards ESL’s.
- User – defines the clients who can login into the system.
- Firmware – defines the software modules for RBS and ESL’s used for their upgrading
- Event – defines log journal entries describing the events happened inside the server.